Saturday, November 3, 2012

DO YOU LOVE JESUS

"Simon son of John, do you love Me more than these?"
    John 21:15

Do you love Me . . .
  More than these creature claimants?
  More than these earthly honors?
  More than these worldly riches?
  More than these domestic comforts?
  More than parent, child, brother, sister, friend?

Do you love Me . . .
  singly,
  supremely,
  above all,
  amid ten thousand suitors for your heart?

Do you love Me . . .
Does My beauty charm you?
Does My love win you?
Does My grace draw you?
Does My cross attract you?
Have My sufferings and My death subdued
  you to penitence, faith, and love?
Am I dearer to you than earth's dearest attractions?
Am I more precious than the heart's most precious treasure?
Can you part with all, and every one, for Me?


"Do I love You, O my Lord?
 Behold my heart and see;
 Gently dislodge each idol thence,
 That seeks to rival Thee."

"You know I love You, dearest Lord;
 But, oh, I long to soar;
 Far from the sphere of mortal joys,
 And learn to love You more!"

OCTAVIUS WINSLOW