Saturday, February 3, 2018

GREET THE DAY

Rough draft, flaws and all. As you begin the day, greet it. And if the day welcomes you, let your peace come upon it, but if it is not welcoming, let your peace return to you. And if anyone will not receive you, nor listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you end that day. My goal was to substitute "people/unbelievers" (which is still true) with the concept of "day" such as having a good day or a difficult day; My goal was not to edit Scripture, but exemplify how the fundamental principle is still true regardless if we are literally travelling city to city as the original disciples did. I've been living in the same house for over 8 years, so I wanted to take the premise of the passage and extend it to something that would strengthen me as we also face the word's apathy, indifference, and deafness.